Join us on Fri 10th and Sat 11th December for the distinguished piano duo partnership of Katharine Lam and Duncan Honeybourne.
Both with their own esteemed careers as pianists and music educators, Duncan and Katharine have performed as a duo across the UK and Switzerland.
They are very much looking forward to their return to Tincleton, with a captivating programme which includes the much-loved and suitably festive work, Tchaikovsky’s The Nutcracker, for piano four hands.
Relishing the opportunity, which this intimate and unique venue affords, to play both of Tincleton’s characterful pianos, Katharine and Duncan will explore a range of familiar and less known works for piano solo, two pianos and four hands.
The same programme will be played on both evenings.
Two Piano works:
• Cesar Franck
Prelude, Fugue and Variation
• Joan Trimble
I Moderato con moto
• Robin Milford
Fishing By Moonlight
Piano Solo (Katharine)
• John Field
Nocturne in E minor
Nocturne Db major Op. 27 no. 2
Les Cloches de Genève: Nocturne
***** Interval *****
Piano Solo (Duncan)
Christmas day in the Morning
Sussex Mummers Christmas Carol
• Balfour Gardiner
The Nutcracker Suite
I Miniature Overture
III Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy
IV Russian Dance (Trepak)
V Arabian Dance
VI Chinese Dance
VII Dance of the Mirlitons
VIII Waltz of the Flowers
Special terms : due to Covid-19 will apply, approximately as follows, though we reserve the right to update them:
– Pre booking and prepayment only. All guests must give contact etc details.
– Seating will be allocated by us in advance. We will flex exact mix depending on demand and any constraints. Ask quickly if you have a larger party.
– We will give refunds if we need to cancel the concert for whatever reason. We will not refund if you need to cancel as that would disadvantage the musician(s), unless we can resell your seat.
– You must respect our Covid social distancing requirements, which will in turn comply with Government requirements. For the time being this means that no particular restrictions are anticipated unless Covid restrictions are reintroduced by Government.
– As usual drinks & nibbles will be served, but exactly how and where will depend on the weather.
– All concerts start playing at 8pm. Please arrive after 7:30pm.
– Tickets £15 each.
– To order tickets please email Tincleton Gallery or call Tincleton Gallery on 01305 848909
No upcoming events